If you have never been to Jamaica before or a Magic Mushroom Retreat, it can be daunting to figure out what to pack! As you know, Jamaica is in the tropics, so you’ll want to pack what you normally would for going to a tropical location. Included are a few extras that are useful for your ceremony experience
What to Bring
- bathing suit
- flip flops
- towel to sit on at the beach
- hair tie
- sarong for the beach
- good shoes for hiking and waterfall climbing
- day pack for carrying your things
- extra money for excursions and day trips
- shorts or skirts
- T-shirts for warm weather
- long sleeve shirt for night time coolness
- pants for night time coolness
- flashlight or headlamp
- insect repellent
- triple antibiotic and bandaids
- rechargeable batteries and charger
- 7 changes of underclothes (there are no laundry facilities)
- vitamins, supplements and any medicines you need for health conditions
- musical instrument, never know when a drum circle or campfire singing might happen!
Special Things for the Ceremony Itself
- (optional) gifts for the shaman and facilitators, like tobacco, crystals, something special you made, anything you like. It’s a custom but not required of course! Don’t spend a lot of money, it’s the thought that counts.
- a special item like a crystal, jewelry, or a picture you like to put on the sacred altar during Magic Mushroom Ceremonies to charge it up with good energy
- (optional) small gifts for other guests you might like to give something to, again, don’t spend a lot of money, it’s the thought that counts!
- eye mask to keep out the light if you want to
- anything that gives you comfort and security emotionally if you need it
- all appliances using USA electric type plugs work in Jamaica. If you are from Europe, bring an adapter for USA type plugs.
- your smile and your willingness to have an adventure in consciousness!
What NOT to Bring:
- disposable batteries, we do not have proper disposal for these. Only bring rechargeable batteries and a charger
- pets, no accommodation for pets
- high heeled shoes or fancy clothes, not a whole lot to do with them here!